The Bear Who Hated His Job- early sketches

by David Finley

 Today, we revisit 'Bear', a character in a story called, "The Bear Who Hated His Job". I did a previous post that featured a working version of the cover I'm going to use and you can view that here.

 I hope to get the writing finished for it soon. My writing, while growing, still takes me a lot longer to do than my art does. Anyway, I should probably get down to the nitty gritty and post an image. Here are the oldest remaining sketches I have of my knife throwing bear. The original sketches were lost.

 In the oldest drawings, he had a little derby hat, but my friend Jonathan suggested that I give him one of those fuzzy Russian style hats.

 So, here he is.


Share this with others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...