Just the Art- Nude Study on Drapery

by David Finley

untitled 2, A fine art female figure study

Female Nude on Drapery

Today's Just the Art feature is a nude female study I've titled, "Nude Study on Drapery".  I made this piece a few days ago at the Cameron Art Museum's figure drawing sessions. The initial sketch and tones were made with pastel and washed on wood. I also used a cloth and my fingers to smudge and manipulate the marks a bit more.

 This is my second foray into my recent experiments with working directly on wood. Again, I am really enjoying the warmth and texture the wood is giving my work. You can see the first by clicking here.

To purchase this print or any of my other exciting (if I do say so myself) pieces, please head over to my shop at Society6 by clicking this sentence.

Thanks for reading Scofflaws!

-Dave, your Grand Poobah.


Share this with others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...