Something to Write When I'm Sad

by David Finley

The Balloon- A Tribute

 I'm at a loss for meaningful words right now. Someone I love died today, and he was the type of man who wouldn't want a lot of fuss, or big speeches in his honor. He definitely wouldn't want his name plastered everywhere.

 So, without making a big to-do, I'm going to honor him with this picture I drew while thinking of him, and say how things just weren't the same today without him. I hope he knew how much he meant to us, and how we will remember him for the rest of our lives. He was a good man, who was always kind and inviting to me, who readily shared a keen humor, and who patiently listened to others as they spoke.

 I and my family are better for having known him.

 Thanks for reading, friends.

-Dave

Share this with others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...