John Lennon Is All Over My Graffiti

Or, at least he is on this batch.

Despite my interest, I've never done any real graffiti before. I mean, sure, once in fifth grade I wrote the "s" word on the metal fence on the school playground, but I'm reasonably certain that eventually washes off.

 No, I mean true blue street art. Tagging, if you will.

So, today I made some digital street art, which made me think about what I would really want to put out there. I don't consider myself to have said anything profound enough on my own, so I chose John Lennon instead.

He didn't claim to have all the answers but he said lots of profound stuff and he said it well. Lennon has become a bit of a muse of mine in recent years. I love the combination of anguish, love, and whimsy he injected into his work. It's inspirational, and a reminder to strive for honesty in my work, while still having the freedom to pour out pure nonsense every now and again.

He was a musician, an artist, a writer, and a poet. So, as is becoming somewhat of a habit of mine as of late, I close this article with a quote.

I'm not claiming divinity. I've never claimed purity of soul. I've never claimed to have the answers to life. I only put out songs and answer questions as honestly as I can... But I still believe in peace, love and understanding.
-John Lennon

Share this with others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...