Pages

David, Goliath, and My Muse

Photobucket

David and Goliath.


I wanted to depict the moment after David cut off Goliath's head, and in his relief, he gives thanks to God. I used color expressively here in a painterly way. The drawing is done with oil pastels.

On a differing note, I just wanted to say how happy I am that God has brought such a wonderful person in my life. Nicole is a breath of fresh air and just being around her inspires me to make art. She possesses such faith, beauty, depth, and intelligence, and has an incredibly fun and childlike outlook on life. She and I are so much alike and, being a dancer and artist herself, she truly gets me. That's why I have to call her my muse. Making art is effortless with her around. Here's some pics.

The first is the two of us at a beach in North Carolina. I love the way the setting sun is glowing in this picture.

Photobucket

Next up is a picture of us at Mimis, a restaurant in Orlando where we were celebrating a going away party for my former boss, Iris.

Photobucket

So, there you have it. I hope to post more here soon, but there's lots of stuff happening right now.

Share this with others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...