Pages

Angel of the Annunciation

This post is an unfinished piece that I'm very fond of. Yes, it's another Christian piece, but I do work for a ministry and a lot of these have been for work because I draw and interact with children.

Anyway, this is a piece that, no matter how much I might enjoy it, didn't actually make the cut at work because my angel was a little too controversial looking.

In all honesty, I was just trying to be more faithful to what I felt the Bible described angels as: scary beyond all reason! :( I'm kidding, but it was an effort of mine to challenge the stereotype of the robed rosy cheek halo sprouting woman with feather wings and a harp. The reason I do this is because I hope that maybe people will be intrigued or disgusted by this enough to actually go see what the Bible itself says about the appearance of angels.

Anyway, back to the work. It's a mixed media piece with charcoal, ink, conte, white paint and matte medium. Enjoy! (but remember, it's not finished)

Photobucket

Share this with others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...