Pages

Angels of War

I just woke up from a horrible nightmare and I need to focus on other things.

I've been drawing some angels again, which happens to be one of my favorite subjects to draw. I really have no idea what real angels look like, but the Renaissance would have you believe they are sheet wearing wusses. Not so, says I, based on the reading I've done, they are fearsome to behold. And, this begs the question: Isn't God wonderful? He commands these powerful spiritual warriors to protect us and give us messages. We fight alongside these powerful allies. I just marvel at all of that.

Today, I submit two of these drawings for your perusal. The first was a doodle exploring hard angles with a large flat sharpie marker point.
Click to see a larger version
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The second picture was executed in oil pastel and again there was an emphasis on challenging the stereotype.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Also, I figured I'd throw in two funny faces as a bonus. Please enjoy my wacky ways:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Share this with others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...