Pages

The Disturbing Period - Just the Art

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The title of this thread is just a little joke that a friend of mine shared with me about some of my work that had a less cheerful look. I kind of thought today's piece really personified that mindset, so I made it today's blog entry title.

My work today is an oil pastel drawing done from a live model. As I drew, I tried to concentrate on portraying the essence of his skeletal and muscle structure, while also focusing the way color reflected against his skin. I just kind of turned both of those ideas up a few notches.

My inspirations for this experiment come from the work of Francis Bacon, Pablo Picasso, and Henri Matisse. It's one of my favorite pieces I've done in the last year.

Share this with others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...