Pages

Imitating the Masters- part2

As promised, here is the second part of that self portrait project. I decided to do a big composite of all the best entries. I think they make a better piece as a whole than as individuals for the most part. Click any pic to see a larger version.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'll talk about some of the individual pics lower in this post, but first I want to look at a more recent imitation of a master. This replication of Cezanne's work followed up with a self portrait of myself done in the style of Cezanne's penciling was a recent assignment in my drawing class. I thought I'd throw it in here because it seems appropriate to the subject of today's post.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Now I'll look at the others I haven't mentioned as of yet here: Cubism, Impressionism, and Fauvism.
First, since I like it, is cubism. This is actually branching toward synthetic cubism rather than analytical cubism. The difference mainly having to do with implied textures to simulate actual materials rather than focusing on planes and sculptural angles. This art was pioneered by Pablo Picasso and Georges Braque.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I follow this with impressionism. This was actually the first piece I did in the project. (see, no beard!) I went with a style similar to Pissaro and a little influenced by Degas.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Next up is Fauvism, which concentrated on intense color rather than form or natural color. This art movement was lead by Henri Matisse.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
As a bonus, I'll throw in some newer self portraits. These are humorous and make commentaries about the small things in life like my big head, and the of being jostled from sleep by the joy of cats.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

That's about it for today- at least for this post. I also posted a bunch of my old stuff today in a previous post. See! Two huge posts in one day.

Share this with others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...