Pages

An update- now with fifty percent more goodness added!

The first picture is a still life- the first one I've done in years! It's drawn with Rembrant brand pastels (thanks Trizz for introducing me to those, I love working with them!) on Canson paper. I did a still life because we had the option to draw a figure or a still life. I chose the still-life because I had been itching to see if I could imbue the same energy into a still-life that I could a figure drawing. The picture here is a little washed out. The colors are better in person.
Please click any image to see a larger version.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My next update was and experimental surface still- life (my second in years! OMG!!~!)
There is a plastic dummy with a hat on. An old gas can and a film reel sit in front of him. I call this one, The Moonshine Still. It's mixed media with paint on the base layer with conte' and ink on top. Again a scan would work better, but these things are large! My scanner can only handle so much before it gets mad at me and refuses to work.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Heres a view of the surface texture from this same piece that I captured using my camera's flash. With this, you can see how thick the base layer of paint under the drawing is.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Share this with others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...