Pages

The Fall of Icarus

My post today is for an assignment for my Drawing class that was inspired by Baroque art and mannerism, particularly Caravaggio and Velásquez (I hope I spelled those correctly). I used a candle light source to illuminate the figure while creating sharp areas of contrast. The drawing was done with oil pastels on black mat board.

Overall, I'm proud of this experiment. I haven't used this type of lighting before, nor have I ever worked with oil pastels. There are some anatomy flaws and hiccups as well as some location confusion, but I'm still keen on what worked in the piece. I'm particularly proud of some of the drappery areas.
Click the picture to see a larger version.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Share this with others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...