Pages

More traditional medium stuff

Here's some more of my non-digital stuff. The first is a bit of a departure for me in that it is 3 dimensional sculpture rather than two-dimensional drawing or painting. Here is my Norse themed robot. My objective for this project was to visualize a story where the norse god, Thor died before he could fight in Ragnorock. I decided the gods would either need to recruit or have the dwarves build a replacement. What would a Norse designed robot look like. In retrospect, there probably would have been a lot of Urnes style design about his body, but I was on a deadline for this project. In these pics, I've tried to crop out the background to give you a better look at what I did. I hope to take some better pics of him soon.

By the way, his eyes do light up with a switch I hid under his cloak and all of his clothing was sewn by hand. I embroidered the tree design on his tabard myself, which is no small feat since I was using a sewing needle to penetrate leather! I also hand sewed the tabard itself as well. The robot's skeleton and parts were made from metal, wood secured with screws, old computer parts and plumbing pipe doodads.

As always, click any pic on this post to see a larger version.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I completed the above piece in October, by the way.

My second piece is another ink wash, but I did lay pencils down first. I came up with this bucket headed robot that hangs out with my cat, Skeletor and they keep each other company throughout their various adventures. I'll also include my initial concept sketches for the duo.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The last piece is an acrylic painting I did- specifically some detail shots from a painting I did. There is also a horrible photo of the painting as a whole so you can see what it looks like, but the quality is wretched. Please do not judge the painting based on this photo.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Share this with others.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...